Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Zach Sobiech; A Tribute

"You don't need to know that you're dying to start living"

None had ever seemed happier
Nor more full of life
Nor more robust
Nor blessed
Than you

I guess we can never know the value of something unless it's gone

And for you, who have lost so much
And, at that time, were prepared to lose so much more
Was more willing than anyone to enjoy whatever time you have left

It may had started with a small intention
To leave a parting gift for your loved ones,
But oh how that small act turned out to be something big
Bigger, to the extend of saving other lives

How you would smile, up there in the clouds
If only you knew
And i am willing to bet that you do

I may not know you
I may have only heard of you a year after your passing
Your incredible journey may have only touched my heart now
But do know

Zach, you are an incredible human being
In life, during death, and now, even after you're gone
Your magic still touches people
Your extended hand is still reached towards
Your enormous presence can still be felt

Indeed, our hands don't fade away from the lives we've touched

And yours is still here, lingering, waiting, for those who need help
A beacon of hope
A smilling cloud

Cancer is a tough enemy
It's invincible, in a way
It was so unfair for you
Albeit all that, Zach, i guess we have to thank you for being alive

"I didn't want to lose to cancer. I want people to know, that I died fighting. That I didn't really lose. That I won, in some way" -Zach Sobiech

No comments:

Post a Comment